Think that it’s hard to find a great digital camera for under $100? Think again.
You’ll be surprised at the zoom power and megapixels that you get for this price, so have a look at our list below to find the best digital camera under $100 for your photography needs.
What to Consider
Before you select a digital camera, consider the following:
- Megapixels. For around a hundred bucks, don’t shortchange yourself on the megapixels. Aim for minimum of 10 so you can print crisp, decent-sized images.
- Zoom. If you travel or shoot still life, a powerful zoom will help you hone in on the far away objects. Get a small tripod to help prevent blurry images. Number four on our list below has an 8x optical zoom lens, which is pretty impressive for a compact camera.
- Used. If you’re looking for a serious DSLR camera for around $100, you might be able to find something used or refurbished. These cameras are bigger and bulkier, so if you’re just looking for a simple point and shoot camera, you’re in the right place.
Best Digital Camera Under $100 Table
As you compare and contrast cameras, these tips will come in handy to help you choose the right one for your needs:
- Screen Size. To avoid squinting and pulling the screen one inch from your face to see the images, get a nice, big display screen. Three inches is great.
- Focus. Check out the auto focus features of the camera. If you don’t want to manually adjust settings, then finding a digital camera that does everything for you with the change of a button is ideal. Number four on our list has some great tracking and detection features.
- Movies. If you want to film the crazy street performers you pass as you travel through Europe, or capture the special moments of your little ones as they grow, you’ll probably need a camera that shoots movies. If that’s the case, look for a good sound system and a 1080p HD movie quality.
Thankfully, there are plenty of great waterproof cameras available like numbers five and six on our list.
If you plan to do any snorkeling or shallow diving, or if you travel in humid areas, it’s great to get a waterproof camera.
Accidents also happen, so if your waterproof camera accidentally lands in the river or falls into the toilet, it will be protected.
3 Best Digital Cameras Under $100 Reviews
Just point, shoot and let the Canon PowerShot SD1200IS do the rest.
This camera features 10-megapixel resolution and a Smart AUTO system that selects the camera settings based on 18 predefined shooting conditions.
If you want a bit more control over your images, switch to one of the 17 different shooting modes to help you capture shots on your terms.
The face detection feature is great if you’re taking pictures of groups, as the camera will automatically detect the number of faces. That means that if you set up the timer and then run to be in the picture, it will automaticallyre-focus to make sure you don’t look like a fuzzy blob.
It performs well in low light and you’ll love the picture quality!
This camera has a large 2.7-inch LCD with anti-glare technology, so you can easily see the screen.
It also allows you to correct images in-camera, so if you don’t feel like editing on your computer you can do everything you need with the Perfect Fix program.
It has a powerful 7x image-stabilized optical zoom, face detection and TruePic III image processor to help you get crisp images even when the subject is moving.
A great buy for under $100!
You will love the large, 3-inch LCD screen of the Kodak Easyshare C182 in addition to the 12-megapixel resolution it offers.
The Smart Capture feature will automatically identify the scene and adjust the camera settings accordingly, and it has 18 different scene modes to make it easy for you to point and shoot without making manual adjustments to shutter speed and aperture.
This also features face detection, great for taking portraits, and although we aren’t crazy about the AA batteries (we prefer rechargeable), this definitely earns a spot on our best digital camera under $100 list!